The NanoMat@Lab aims at the synthesis by wet-chemistry and at the functional characterization of inorganic pure and hybrid materials for energy saving. The activities focus on nanostructured metal oxides with defined morphology and specific exposed surfaces (TiO2, SnO2, ZnO, WO3) for photocatalytic or sensing applications and on shape controlled inorganic fillers (SiO2, ZnO, POSS nanocages) for the improvement of the mechanical and vulcanization properties of automotive rubber nanocomposites.
- Chemistry laboratories, fully equipped for the synthesis and the processing of the compounds;
- Total Organic Carbon Analyzer Shimadzu TOC-V CSH for liquid and gas samples;
- Chemiluminescence NOx Analyzer Sartec E200;
- Surface Area and Pore Size Analyzer, Autosorb-1-MP Quantachrome Instrument;
- Electron Spin Resonance (ESR) spectrometer, Brucker EMX.